Wednesday, June 9, 2010
The Bucket List
After watching "I love you too", I decided that unless you are Peter Helliar using any excuse to hit on women clearly out of your leauge, it's ok to write a Bucket List anytime you want.
Aside from a great time in bed, we all need to achieve certain goals in order to feel satisfied. If we satisfy certain needs, we can move on to achieving greater well being.
I will start by noting that "go bungee jumping" is NOT on the list. I used to shake so violently on the high school balance beam that I recited the whole bible before getting coaxed down with a Cherry Ripe.
So without further adieu, suspend your judgement and secure your underwear for
My Bucket List
1. Go skinny dipping
2. Swim with the dolphins
3. Create my dream home with a really big kitchen and throw an awesome dinner party
4. Have a baby and make them very happy
5. Get married... and stay married
6. Name a star
7. Have a puppy (own one... not give birth to one)
8. Spend 24 hours completely naked
9. Learn to ski
10. Canter on a horse and NOT fall off this time.. aka without bruising my ego or my back
11. Fly first class
12. Punch someone in the face and break something
13. Visit a castle in Ireland
14. Visit the Greek Islands and stay at least a week in one place
15. Tour America
16. Have a really nice bar collection... and not drink it all
17. Sell my writing in some form
18. Go a week without make-up (eep!)
19. Stay up all night without passing out, throwing up or engaging in strange drunken acts one may regret
20. Received a bouquet of flowers for no special reason
21. Hand over my old diaries to my kiddies.
22. Apologise to my boyfriend for wetting myself when he dribbled tea into my mouth from his.
23. Try 22 again and not wet myself.
24. Have 100% job satisfaction
25. Have a black and white Old England photo taken from Movie World. I went with my ex, but we left early to go and see strippers instead. *Sigh*
26. Grow a pretty garden.
27. Go scuba diving. Not sit on the edge of a boat and shake of fear; actually do it!
28. Get on that god damn balance beam without shaking
29. Finish what I started: including but not limited to
- A whole bottle of Moet
- Every Marilyn Monroe film
- A Star Wars film.. so help me God.
- Learning the keyboard...That retched thing is harder than it looks.
- Saving for Europe
- an entire collection of something
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "Gordon B. Hinckley
<3 Miss communication